Our certified genetic counselors are committed to educating and supporting people with an elevated risk of cancer due to genetic factors. Their expertise in accurate risk assessment and surveillance techniques provide an additional dimension of insight for medical providers in caring for their high-risk patients.
Our Genetic Risk Evaluation program includes:
- Detailed family history review
- Genetic counseling and testing as indicated
- Developing a personalized strategy to reduce cancer risk
- Access to research trials
- Written communication/recommendations sent to referral sources/healthcare teams
Anna Leininger, MS, Genetic Counselor
“As a certified genetic counselor since 1996, I am passionate about using genetic information and technology to eliminate the needless devastation of cancer in families with high-genetic risk. By making genetic information understandable and genetic technology accessible, we empower families and their medical providers to make fully informed healthcare decisions to reduce cancer incidence and mortality.”
Anna is certified by the American Board of Genetic Counseling and holds a masters of science degree in medical genetics from the University of Wisconsin, Madison.
Anna provides consultations at the following locations:
- Burnsville Clinic (952) 892-7190
- Maplewood Cancer Center (651) 779-7978
- Woodbury Clinic (651) 735-7414
Click here for more information on genetic testing.