Samith Kochuparambil, MD
Medical Oncology & Hematology
Madras Medical College, Chennai, India
Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, GA
Medical Oncology & Hematology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN
Primary LocationMinneapolis Clinic 910 E 26th St , Suite 200
Minneapolis, MN 55404
Phone: (612) 884-6300
Areas of Special Interest
- Prostate Cancer
- Kidney Cancer
- Bladder Cancer
- Testicular Cancer
- Multiple Myeloma and Lymphoma
- General Oncology
- Lung Cancer
- Colon and Rectal Cancer
- Pancreatic and Biliary Cancer
- Esophageal and Stomach Cancer
Philosophy of Care
A diagnosis of cancer can be overwhelming for patients and their families, often signaling the beginning of a physical, emotional and spiritual journey. My goal is to empower my patients with accurate information, positive thinking and to provide state-of-the-art care to help them through their journey with cancer. I strive to provide the most up-to-date treatments that incorporate breakthroughs in cancer therapies and access to latest clinical trials.
Academic Honors & Professional Achievements
- Alliance for Clinical Trials in Oncology (National Committee Member)
- National Genitourinary Cancer Committee Member - US Oncology Network
- National Principle Investigator - US Oncology Network
- STAR Resident Award (University of Georgia)
- Rahn Peacock Award (Medical College of Georgia)
- American Society of Hematology Abstract Achievement Award
- Society of Hematological Oncology Travel Grant
- Mayo Clinic Oncology Fellows Grant Program
- Instructor in Medicine and Oncology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN
- Oral presentation and poster presentation at American Society of Hematology Annual Meeting, American Society of Clinical Oncology, Society of Hematological Oncology and American Association of Cancer Research.
- Multiple publication in several cancer related journals, reviewer for multiple cancer journals and editorial board member.
- Kochuparambil ST, Litzow MR. (2014)
Novel Antibody Therapy in Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia. Curr Hematol Malig Rep. 2014
- Kochuparambil, S.T, Al-Husein B, Goc A, and Somanath, P.R.
Anti-cancer efficacy of simvastatin on prostate cancer . J Pharl Exp Ther. 2011
- Mir MA, Kochuparambil ST, Abraham RS, Holland SM, Patnaik MM
Spectrum of myeloid neoplasms associated with GATA2 Cancer Med. 2015
- Awan FT, Kochuparambil ST, Watkins K, Deremer D et al
Comparable efficacy and lower cost of PBSC mobilization with intermediate-dose cyclophosphamide and G-CSF compared with plerixafor and G-CSF in patients with multiple myeloma Bone Marrow Transplant. 2013
- Awan FT, Kochuparambil ST, Deremer D, Jillella A, Hamadani M.
Plerixafor Salvage IsSafe and Effective in Patients Undergoing Chemotherapy and Filgrastim-Based Peripheral Blood Progenitor Cell Mobilization.” J Oncol. 2012
- Hamadani M, Kochuparambil ST, Osman S, Craig M, Awan F
Cyclophosphamide and granulocyte colony stimulating factor in stem cell mobilization Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 2012
- Goc A, Al-Husein B, Kochuparambil, S.T, and Somanath, P.R.
PI3 Kinase Integrates Akt and MAP Kinase Signaling in the Regulation of Prostate Cancer Int J Oncol. 2011
- Awan FT, Osman S, Kochuparambil ST, Jillella A, Hamadani M.
Impact of thalidomide-, lenalidomide- or bortezomib- containing induction therapy on the outcomes of multiple myeloma. Bone Marrow Transplant. Jan 2012
- Sarcoidosis presenting with pancytopenia
Paul S, Gupta V, Gonsalves WI, Kochuparambil ST, Gangat N. Am J Med. 2014
- Board Certified in Medical Oncology
- Board Certified in Hematology
- Board Certified in Internal Medicine
- American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO)
- American Society of Hematology (ASH)
- Society of Hematological Oncology (SOHO)
- American Medical Association (AMA)
- American College of Physicians (ACP)
- International Red Cross
I am married and live in St Louis Park. In my spare time I enjoy reading, watching movies, cooking and traveling.