As a reminder, Minnesota Oncology clinics do not permit guests with patients with the exception of interpreters, those needed for mobility assistance, and new patient consults. We know this may cause some inconvenience to you, but this policy is critical to the health and safety of our patients, families, and employees. Visitors who drop off a patient at our clinics are not permitted to wait in the lobbies or waiting rooms. Due to limited waiting room capacity to allow for social distancing and our visitor restrictions, please wait in your vehicle or return to the clinic building after the patient's appointment is completed to pick them up.
No other visitors will be permitted into the clinic. Please note that family members and caretakers may participate in a patient's appointments remotely by phone or video conference if desired. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
As we continue to respond to the public health concern regarding COVID-19, we want to assure you that Minnesota Oncology is closely monitoring all developments and taking actions to protect the health and wellness of our patients, their caregivers and our staff.
Minnesota Oncology's Safety Precautions:
At Minnesota Oncology, we want patients to know that we understand the fear of contracting COVID-19 and have been aggressively implementing measures to reduce the risk of transmission. Our team continues to follow the protocols set by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Minnesota Department of Health, and The US Oncology Network. And we have implemented additional measures:
- Call our patients before they come to the office to screen for any symptoms.
- Screen again when patients arrive at our offices.
- Take temperatures of all patients, visitors and staff.
- Require patients and designated visitors to wear masks. Read more about proper mask selection and wearing here.
- Require all staff to wear proper PPE.
- Restrict all visitors unless required and approved.
- Arrange treatment areas, waiting rooms, and office workspaces for social distancing.
- Offer telemedicine visits.
- Rigorously clean our offices.
We are here for you. We are in this together. Thank you for your continued cooperation!