On Saturday, November 7, 2015, Minnesota Oncology held its annual Bowling for Angel event at Park Tavern in St. Louis Park. Fifteen teams of Minnesota Oncology employees met on the bowling lanes for some healthy competition, a great time, and a wonderful cause. Overall, Minnesota Oncology raised more than $12,000 to help fund Angel Foundation in the coming year as they provide support and non-medical financial assistance to patients and families facing cancer.
Throughout the year, employees came up with creative fundraising ideas and donated time, energy and money to help make Bowling for Angel a success.
This year, the awards went to:
- First Place: Central Business Office (CBO)
- Second Place: Coon Rapids Clinic
- Third Place: Fridley Clinic
Best Team Costume
- Maplewood Cancer Center – Gilligan’s Coconut Rollers
- Alisha Steinolfson – Burnsville Balloholics - 187 high game!
Best of the Worst
- Issabell – (daughter of one of the Woodbury staff; one of our youngest bowlers!) with a score of 17!
Grand Champion Trophy
- Maplewood Cancer Center and CBO Tied
- Bowl-Off Winner: Joe from Maplewood!!