Minnesota Cancer Care Pharmacy (MCCP) is dedicated to providing you and your designated advocate with high quality services that exceed your expectations. We encourage you to review this information. By understanding your rights and responsibilities as a patient, you are better equipped to benefit from your “partnership” with MCCP.
We also encourage you to let us know how we’re doing and how we can improve the patient experience for you. You can call us at (651-255-8480). We would love to hear from you!
You Have the Right to:
- Be fully informed in advance about care/service to be provided, including the disciplines that furnish care and the frequency of visits, as well as any modifications to the plan of service
- Be treated with dignity, courtesy, and respect, recognizing that each person is a unique individual
- Be informed, both orally and/or in writing, in advance of care being provided, of the charges, including payment for care/service expected from third parties and any charges for which the patient will be responsible
- Receive information about the scope of services that the organization will provide and specific limitations on those services
- Participate in the development and periodic revision of the plan of service
- Refuse care or treatment after the consequences of refusing care or treatment are fully presented
- Know the identity and job title of the pharmacy team member that you are working with and, if requested, speak with their supervisor
- Be free from mistreatment and neglect, as well as verbal, mental, sexual, and physical abuse, including injuries of unknown source and misappropriation of patient property
- Voice grievances/complaints regarding treatment or care
- Recommend changes in policy, personnel, or care/service without restraint, interference, coercion, discrimination, or reprisal
- Expect confidentiality and privacy of all your protected health information (PHI) and information contained in your pharmacy record as described in the MCCP Notice of Privacy Practices, which is consistent with state and federal laws
- Be informed of any financial benefits when referred to an organization.
- Be fully informed of your responsibilities
You Have the Responsibility to:
- Participate in your care plan by asking questions about your medications and/or pharmacy services
- Follow the instructions for taking your medication
- Care for and safely use medications for the purpose for which they were prescribed and only for the individual for whom they were prescribed
- Provide, to the best of your knowledge, a complete and accurate medication and health history and notify the pharmacy of changes in this information
- Notify MCCP via telephone when your medication supply is running low so coordination of a refill can be made promptly
- Immediately notify the pharmacy of any change in insurance coverage, address, or telephone changes, whether temporary or permanent.
- Co-payments for medications must be paid at time of service/shipping
- Notify the pharmacy if you are going to be unavailable for the scheduled delivery times
- Treat pharmacy personnel with respect and dignity without discrimination as to color, religion, sex, or national or ethnic origin
Feel free to contact us with questions by calling 651-255-8480 or coming to the pharmacy located at 1580 Beam Ave., Maplewood, MN 55109.