675 East Nicollet Boulevard, Suite 100
Burnsville, Minnesota 55337
Chara is a Certified Nurse Practitioner who has been part of the Minnesota Oncology team since 1999.
Philosophy of Care
I approach patient care from a holistic perspective and believe that cancer care involves the body, mind and spirit, and that all three must be involved in the care plan. I am a firm believer in Minnesota Oncology’s survivorship initiative and effective symptom management.
Academic Honors/Professional Achievements
- Chara received her Bachelor of Science in Physical Education, with an emphasis in wellness at the University of Wisconsin, LaCrosse. She also earned a Bachelor of Nursing degree from Mankato State College in Minnesota.
- She pursued her Master of Arts at the College of St. Catherine in Saint Paul, MN, where she graduated with honors. Her thesis was entitled, “Cancer Patients: Satisfaction with Pain Control Relative to Nurses’ Knowledge and Attitudes about Pain Management.”
- Member of Sigma Theta Tau, an honorary nursing society.
- Member of the Autologous Bone Marrow Transplant Committee, through Abbott Northwestern Hospital.
My personal interests include spending time with my family, running and scrapbooking.
Chara’s scrapbooking skills have been a springboard for hosting free classes at her church for cancer patients – to help them commemorate their cancer journey in a positive and life-affirming way.
Bachelor of Arts in Nursing, Mankato State College, Mankato, MN
Graduate SchoolMaster of Arts in Nursing, College of St. Catherine, Saint Paul, MN
- Adult Nurse Practitioner, Certified by the American Nurses Credentialing Center
- Advanced Oncology Certified Nurse (AOCN)