910 E. 26th Street, Suite 200
Minneapolis, Minnesota 55404
Philosophy of Care
A diagnosis of cancer can be overwhelming for patients and their families, often signaling the beginning of a physical, emotional and spiritual journey. My goal is to empower my patients with accurate information, positive thinking and to provide state-of-the-art care to help them through their journey with cancer. I strive to provide the most up-to-date treatments that incorporate breakthroughs in cancer therapies and access to latest clinical trials.
Areas of Special Interest
Multiple Myeloma and Lymphoma
Colon and Rectal Cancer
Pancreatic and Biliary Cancer
Esophageal and Stomach Cancer
Academic Honors & Professional Achievements
- Alliance for Clinical Trials in Oncology (National Committee Member)
- National Genitourinary Cancer Committee Member - US Oncology Network
- National Principle Investigator - US Oncology Network
- STAR Resident Award (University of Georgia)
- Rahn Peacock Award (Medical College of Georgia)
- American Society of Hematology Abstract Achievement Award
- Society of Hematological Oncology Travel Grant
- Mayo Clinic Oncology Fellows Grant Program
- Instructor in Medicine and Oncology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN
- Oral presentation and poster presentation at American Society of Hematology Annual Meeting, American Society of Clinical Oncology, Society of Hematological Oncology and American Association of Cancer Research.
- Multiple publication in several cancer related journals, reviewer for multiple cancer journals and editorial board member.
- Kochuparambil ST, Litzow MR. (2014)
Novel Antibody Therapy in Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia. Curr Hematol Malig Rep. 2014
- Kochuparambil, S.T, Al-Husein B, Goc A, and Somanath, P.R.
Anti-cancer efficacy of simvastatin on prostate cancer . J Pharl Exp Ther. 2011
- Mir MA, Kochuparambil ST, Abraham RS, Holland SM, Patnaik MM
Spectrum of myeloid neoplasms associated with GATA2 Cancer Med. 2015
- Awan FT, Kochuparambil ST, Watkins K, Deremer D et al
Comparable efficacy and lower cost of PBSC mobilization with intermediate-dose cyclophosphamide and G-CSF compared with plerixafor and G-CSF in patients with multiple myeloma Bone Marrow Transplant. 2013
- Awan FT, Kochuparambil ST, Deremer D, Jillella A, Hamadani M.
Plerixafor Salvage IsSafe and Effective in Patients Undergoing Chemotherapy and Filgrastim-Based Peripheral Blood Progenitor Cell Mobilization.” J Oncol. 2012
- Hamadani M, Kochuparambil ST, Osman S, Craig M, Awan F
Cyclophosphamide and granulocyte colony stimulating factor in stem cell mobilization Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 2012
- Goc A, Al-Husein B, Kochuparambil, S.T, and Somanath, P.R.
PI3 Kinase Integrates Akt and MAP Kinase Signaling in the Regulation of Prostate Cancer Int J Oncol. 2011
- Awan FT, Osman S, Kochuparambil ST, Jillella A, Hamadani M.
Impact of thalidomide-, lenalidomide- or bortezomib- containing induction therapy on the outcomes of multiple myeloma. Bone Marrow Transplant. Jan 2012
- Sarcoidosis presenting with pancytopenia
Paul S, Gupta V, Gonsalves WI, Kochuparambil ST, Gangat N. Am J Med. 2014
I am married and live in St Louis Park. In my spare time I enjoy reading, watching movies, cooking and traveling.
Madras Medical College, Chennai, India
Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, GA
Medical Oncology & Hematology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN
- Board Certified in Medical Oncology
- Board Certified in Hematology
- Board Certified in Internal Medicine
- American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO)
- American Society of Hematology (ASH)
- Society of Hematological Oncology (SOHO)
- American Medical Association (AMA)
- American College of Physicians (ACP)
- International Red Cross