A diagnosis of cancer can affect many areas of your life, causing you to feel overwhelmed. You have a helping hand at Minnesota Oncology to help you access various non-medical services throughout your treatment journey. Our social workers are here for you and your family.
Learn about our telehealth option for social work appointments, Caring Face-2-Face.
The following is a list of some of the social services that our team can help you with:
- Transportation resources to clinic appointments
- American Cancer Society Services
- Time and location of support groups
- Upcoming community events and programs
- Referrals to homemaking and home care services
- Referrals for non-medical financial assistance during treatment
- Social Security Disability (SSD)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Meals on Wheels
- Assisted Living and Nursing Home Placement
- Hospice Care
Provide educational materials and brochures
- Healthcare directives
- Wig/Hair loss information and resources
Help with communication and coping issues
Lisa Thelemann, LSW
Nicole Reitsma, LGSW
Please don’t hesitate to call ~ we will help you find the answers you need.