6025 Lake Road, Suite 110
Woodbury, Minnesota 55125
Physician Introductory Video
Areas of Interest
- Gastrointestinal cancers
- Genitourinary Cancers,
- Hematology malignancies
- Clinical trails
I believe that my most important contribution to making the world better is by taking care of my patients, making sure they have the best available information based on current research, and being a partner as they make decisions about their care. I believe in taking part in clinical trials along with the standard of care to improve the cure and the quality of life for my patients in their journey through diagnosis, treatment and surveillance.
I am in this work because I believe there is nothing more important than being an advocate for my patients. I knew I wanted to be a physician from an early age – indeed, I didn’t know I could be anything else. I am constantly reminded of the privilege that is my patients’ trust and I learn – and find strength and inspiration – from their lives and stories every single day.
Academic Honors & Professional Achievements
- German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD): Two year scholarship to study experimental pharmacology at Ernst Moritz Arndt University, Greifswald, Germany.
- Merck Sharpe & Dohme International Fellowship in Clinical Pharmacology: two year scholarship to study clinical pharmacology at Indiana University, Indianapolis, IN.
Research Publications & Abstracts
- Phase II Studt of Carboplatin and Paclitaxel in Advanced Thymoma and thymic Carcinoma. Lemma GL, Lee JW, Aisner SC, Langer CJ, Tested WJ, Johnson DH, Loehrer PJ Sr. J Clin Oncol. 2011 May 20; 29(15):2060-5.
- The effect of short and long term administration of verpamil on the disposition of cytochrome P450 3A and P-glycoprotein substrates. Girum L. Lemma, Zaiqi Wang, Mitchell A Hamman, Narjis A Zaheer, J. Christopher Gorski, Stephen D Hall. Clin Pharmacol Ther; 2006 Mar; 79(3):218-30.
- Stereoselective Disposition of Talinolol in man. Zschiesche M, Lemma GL, Klebingat K, Franke G, Terhaag B, Hoffmann A, Gramette T, Kroemer HK, Siegmund W. Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, vlume 91: 303-311.
- A phase II study of carboplatin plus paclitaxel in advanced thymoma or thymic carcinoma. G.L. Lemma, P.J. Loehrer, J.W. Lee, C. J. Langer, W. J. Tester, D. H. Johnson. Oral Presentation on the Annual American Society of Clinical Oncology, 2008.
- Lack of effect of Chloroquine on pupillary size in man. A.Q. Adigun, G.L. Lemma, M. Arefayene, Z. Desta, H. Herbert, L. Lang, D.A. Flockhart. Clinical Pharmacology and therapeutics, abstract February, 2004, Volume 75, Page 64.
- Droperidol is Predominantly Metabolized by The human cythochrome P4503A in Vitro. Girum L Lemma, Zeruesenay Desta, David R Jones, J Chrisopher Gorski, Stephen D Hall. Clinical Pharmacology and therapeutics, abstract April 2003, Volume 73, Page 16.
- The Effect of Verapamil Administration on the Pharmacokinetics of Feofenadine. Girum L Lemma, Mitchell A Hamman, Stephen D Hall, Zaiqi Wang. Clinical Pharmacology and therapeutics, abstract April 2—3, Volume 73, Page 16.
- Time Dependent Stereoselective Pharmacokinetics of Verapamil and Norverapamil in healthy Volunteers. Girum L Lemma, Narjis A Zaheer, Adegboyega Q Adigun, Zaiqi Wang, J Christopher Gorski, Stephen D Hall. Drug Metabolism, abstract October 2002, Volume 91, page 303-311.
When I’m not taking care of my patients, you can find me at home with a book in hand, cheering on my beloved Indianapolis Colts, or visiting my friends and family from Minnesota to Indiana, from Georgia to Texas, from Maryland all the way to my homeland - Ethiopia.I also enjoy running (I finished two Medtronic Twin Cities marathons) and playing chess.
Gondar College of Medical Sciences, Addis Ababa University, Gondar, Ethiopia
Internal Medicine, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN
Internal Medicine, Nassau University Medical Center, East Meadow, NY
Clinical Pharmacology, Hematology/Oncology, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN
General Pharmacology Research Fellowship, Ernst Moritz Arndt University Institute of Pharmacology, Greifswald, Germany
- Internal Medicine
- Medical Oncology
- American Society for Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutics (ASCPT)
- American College of Physicians (ACP)
- American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASOC)
- American Society of Hematology (ASH)
- North Central Cancer Treatment Group (NCCTG)
- Minnesota Society of Clinical Oncology (Member of Board of Directors)