Minnesota Oncology and Plastic Surgery Consultants are pleased to host our Annual Breast Reconstruction Awareness Day event!
Breast Reconstruction Awareness Day was first launched in 2011 in Canada and now occurs annually in October. This initiative is a collaborative effort between the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, The Plastic Surgery Foundation, plastic surgeons specializing in breast surgery, nurse navigators, corporate partners, breast cancer support groups, and organizations.
These organizations and breast cancer patients, along with their families and friends, coordinate events on the special day that include media events, question and answer sessions, lectures, flash mobs, fundraising parties, advertising campaigns, community events, and more.
Many women who have undergone a mastectomy or lumpectomy are unaware of their reconstruction and insurance coverage options, and this important day recognizes this often-overlooked part of the breast cancer journey. Women who are at high-risk for breast cancer are also encouraged to attend to learn their reconstruction options after preventative surgeries.
Breast Reconstruction Awareness Day is a FREE, annual event that brings leading breast reconstruction experts together to answer all your questions.
- Information about the options available for women considering breast reconstruction
- Connect with women who have been through breast cancer surgery
- Presentations from breast reconstruction surgeons and women who have had reconstruction and gone through this journey
- Q & A session
- Exhibit area with products and services to help women who have been affected by breast cancer
- Hors d’oeuvres will be served; cash bar available
- Prize drawings will be held throughout the evening
Parking: Ample free parking is available in the parking ramp adjacent to The Westin Edina Galleria. You can access the hotel. The hotel entrances from the ramp will bring you to the event area on the main floor of the hotel.
Check-in: Please check in at the registration tables in the event area.
Doors open at 5:30 p.m. Presentations start promptly at 6 p.m.
Who is invited
- Women considering post-mastectomy or post-lumpectomy breast reconstruction and support person(s).
- Healthcare professionals that work with women affected by breast cancer.
Questions: Contact Jessica Knutson at email@example.com