675 East Nicollet Boulevard, Suite 100
Burnsville, Minnesota 55337
Philosophy of Care
A cancer diagnosis can be a life-altering event. I strive to partner with patients to provide individualized care, utilizing state of the art cancer treatments, and comprehensive supportive care. I believe in being with my patients every step on the way in their treatment journey, helping them live, be productive, and contribute.
Areas of Special Interest
- Lung cancer
My wife is a primary care physician, and I have two children. I love traveling and wildlife photography.
Peer-Reviewed Journal Articles
- Chhabra S, Ahn KW, Hu ZH, Jain S, Assal A, Cerny J, Copelan EA, Daly A, DeFilipp Z, Gadalla SM, Gale RP, Ganguly S, Hamilton BK, Hildebrandt GC, Hsu JW, Inamoto Y, Kanate AS, Khoury HJ, Lazarus HM, Litzow MR, Nathan S, Olsson RF, Pawarode A, Ringden 0, Rowe JM, Saad A, Savani BN, Schouten HC, Seo S, Shah NN, Solh M, Stuart RK, Ustun C, Woolfrey AE, Yared JA, Alyea EP, Kalaycio ME, Popat U, Sobecks RM, Saber W. Myeloablative vs reduced- intensity conditioning allogeneic hematopoietic cell transplantation for chronic myeloid leukemia. Blood Adv. 2018 Nov 13;2(21): 2922-2936.
- Chhabra S, Jain S, Wallace C, Hong F, Liu B. High expression of endoplasmic reticulum chaperone grp94 is a novel molecular hallmark of malignant plasma cells in Multiple myeloma. J Hematol Oncol. 2015 Jun 25;8:77
- Saurabh Chhabra MD1, Sandeep Jain, MBBS MRCP2, Amanda Fowler3, Valeriy Sedov MD3, Amarendra K Neppalli MD3, Cynthia A. Schandl, MD PhD4, John Lazarchick, MD4 : IgM Myeloma with Plasma cell leukemia: Case report and literature review, Annals of Clinical & Laboratory Science. Volume 47, # 5, 2017 (September-October Issue).
- Pembrolizumab induced bulbar myopathy and respiratory failure with necrotizing myositis of the diaphragm, Annals of Oncology, Volume 28, Issue 3, 1 March 2017, Pages 673-675, https://do i.org/10.1093/annonc/mdw655
- Ramaswamy S, Jain S, Ravindran V, "Hematopoietic stem cell transplantation for auto immune rheumatic diseases." World J Transplant 2016; 6(1): 199-205.
- Chhabra Saurabh, Jain Sandeep, Wallace Caroline, Hong Feng, Liu Bei, "Lligh expression of endoplasmic reticulum chapi_gle rs94 is a novel molecular hallmark of malignant plasma cells in multiple myeloma." Journal of Hematology & Oncology 2015, 8:77.
- S Jain, P Godziack, A Morgan, R K Burt, "Remission of Crohn's disease after cord blood transplantation for leukocyte adhesion deficiency_Vpe 1." Bone Marrow Transplant 2013 Jan 21.
- Richard Burt, Maria Carolina Oliveira, Sanjiv J Shah, Daniela A Moraes, Belinda Simoes, Mihai Gheorghiade, James Schroeder, Eric Ruderman, Dominique Farge, Z Jessie Chai, Zora Marjanovic, Sandeep Jain, Amy Morgan, Francesca Milanetti Xiaoqiang Han, Borko Jovanovic, Irene B Helenowski, Julio Voltarelli, "Cardiac involvement and treatment-related mortality after non-myeloablative haemopoietic stem-cell transplantation with unselected autologous peripheral blood for patients with systemic sclerosis: a retrospective analysis." Lancet 2013 Mar 30;381(9872):1116-24.
- Richard Burt, Sanjiv J Shah, Karin Dill, Thomas Grant, Mihai Gheorghiade, James Schroeder, Robert Craig, Ikuo Hirano, Karin Marshall, Eric Ruderman, Borko Javanovic, Francesca Milanetti, Sandeep Jain, Kristin Boyce, Amy Morgan, James Can, Walter Barr, "Autologous non-myeloablative haemopoietic stem-cell transplantation compared with pulse gycloi lvz) sphamide once per month for systemic sclerosis (ASSIST): an open label, randomized phase 2 trial." Lancet 2011 Aug 6; 378(9790): 498-506. Epub 2011 Jul 21.
- Jain S, Ravindran V, Mathur DS, "Detection of low bone mass using quantitative ultrasound measurement at calcaneus: comparative study of an Indian rheumatoid arthritis cohort." International Journal of Rheumatic Diseases. 2008 Dec; 11(4): 414-420.
- Ravindran V, Jain S, Mathur DS, "The differentiation of anemia in rheumatoid arthritis: parameters of iron-deficiency in an Indian rheumatoid arthritis p_gpulation," Rheumatology International. 2008 Apr; 28(6): 507-511.
- Ravindran V. Jain S. Ming A, Bartlett RJV, "Transient global amnesia in a patient with acute unilateral caudate nucleus ischemia." Journal of Clinical Neuroscience. 2004 Aug; 11(6): 669-672.
- S Jain, DS Mathur, V Ravindran, "Eggression of nephritic syndrome due to reactive amyloidosis in a patient with ankylosing spondylitis following colchicine." RHEUMATOLOGY, 2004 Vol 43: 114-11
- Principal Investigator for Mayo Clinic Health System site:
- Alliance A011502: A RANDOMIZED PHASE III DOUBLE BLINDED PLACEBO CONTROLLED TRIAL OF ASPIRIN AS ADJUVANT THERAPY FOR NODE POSITIVE HER2 NEGATIVE BREAST CANCER: THE ABC TRIAL
- Alliance A011401: RANDOMIZED PHASE III TRIAL EVALUATING THE ROLE OF WEIGHT LOSS IN ADJUVANT TREATMNET OF OVERWEIGHT AND OBESE WOMEN WITH EARLY BREAST CANCER
- •Alliance A221502 A RANDOMIZED TRIAL OF STANDARD CHEMOTHERAPY ALONE OR COMBINED WITH ATEZOLIZUMAB AS ADJUVANT THERAPY OF PATIENTS WITH STAGE III COLON CANCER WITH DEFICIENT DNA MISMATCH REPAIR
- NASAL VESTIBULITIS NATURAL HISTORY EVALUATION
- PILOT TRIAL TO EXAMINE THE EFFECT OF GINGER ON THE GUT MICROBIOME (GINGER)
- "Comparison of Outcomes after Myeloablative and Reduced Intensity Conditioning for Allogeneic Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation for Chronic Myeloid Leukemia." Co-Investigator, CIBMTR CK15-02
- "Cyclophosphamide and rATG/rituximab in Patients with Crohn's Disease: Phase II trial." Northwestern University, Co-Investigator
- "Randomized Study of High Dose Cyclophosphamide & rATG Vs. Rituximab / Cyclophosphamide & rATG with Hematopoietic Stem Cell support in Patients with Scleroderma." Northwestern University, Co-Investigator
Conferences and Presentations
- CK15-02"Comparison of Outcomes after Myeloablative versus Reduced Intensity Conditioning Allogeneic Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation for Chronic Myeloid Leukemia" Abstract submitted to American Society of Hematology Annual Meeting
- Jain S, "Second Autologous Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation for Myeloma: is it needed today?" Co-Investigator, CIBMTR Prop # 1511-116, Tandem Meeting. Honolulu, HI, February 2016.
- Jain S, "Comparison of Outcomes after Myeloablative and Reduced Intensity Conditioning for Allogeneic Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation for Chronic Myeloid Leukemia." Co-Investigator, CIBMTR CK15-02, Tandem Meeting. San Diego, CA, February 2015.
- Jain S, "Autologous stem cell transplantation for systemic sclerosis." South Carolina Oncology Society Annual Meeting. Charleston, SC, August 2013.
- Golshayan A, Jain S, "Update in genitourinary cancers." South Carolina Oncology Society Annual Meeting. Charleston, SC, August 2012.
- Jain S, "Northwestern Experience with Rituximab Sandwich in SLE."
- International Stem Cell Investigator meeting, Northwestern University. Chicago, IL. March 2011.
- Jain S. "Use of Stem Cell Transplants for autoimmune disorders." Sanford Healthcare. Thief River Falls, MN, August 2011.
- Silodia, A., Khare,S. Jain, S., Sefsik, S., "Vaccination program gets a shot in the arm." ACP Regional Chapter Meeting. Reading, PA. November 2009.
- Jain S, "Venous Thromboprophylaxis in Cancer," Grand Round presentation at St Luke's University Hospital. PA March 2009.
- Jain S, "Molecular Imaging: Application of Positron Emission Tomography in Medicine." Grand Round in St Luke's University Hospital. PA, March 2010.
- Jain S, "Take this pain seriously." House staff teaching conference. St Luke's University Hospital, PA.
- Jain S, "Case report: A case of swollen glands." Presentation at house staff teaching conference. St Luke's University Hospitals, PA.
- Jain S, "Antisense Oligonucleotides: Is the bullet really magic?" Survivin Project. University of Manchester, March 2007.
- Daniel Patterson, Azeem Saleem, Sandeep Jain, Marie-Claude Asselin, Koetz Barbara, Michael Stratford, Philip Ross, Patricia Price, Gordon Rustin. "Phase I evaluation of OXi4503, a vascular disrupting agent, in patients with advanced solid tumours." National Cancer Research Institute Cancer Conference, 2007.
- Jain S, "0xi4503 trial data." University of Manchester. May 2007.
- Multiple Hematology Tumor Board presentations along with Literature Reviews at Medical University of South Carolina, July 2012— June 2015.
- Jain, S., Silodia, A., Khare, S., Gayner, R., "Crystalline (clear) nephropathy." National ACP Clinical Vignette and Research Competition for Associates. Toronto, Canada, April 2010.
- Jain, S., Garber, T., "Charcot-Marie-Tooth TypelA and Neurofibromatosis Type 1: Is there a genetic link?" National ACP Clinical Vignette and Research Competition for Associates. Washington, DC, May 2008.
- Jain, S., Sefcik, S., Silodia, A., "Why don't Patients take their medicines? A QI project in medical clinic involving medication adherence." Pennsylvania Medical Society Annual Meeting. Hershey, PA, October 2009.
- Jain, S., Sefcik, S., Silodia, A., "Why don't patients take their medicines? A QI project in medical clinic involving medication adherence" ACP Regional Chapter meeting. Reading, PA, October 2009.
- Jain, S., Leh, D., "Facial Baroparesis; a rare, interesting etiology." Pennsylvania Medical Society Annual Meeting. Hershey, PA, October 2008.
- Jain, S., Mathur, DS., Ravindran, V., "Regression of nephrotic syndrome due to reactive amylodosis in a patient with ankylosing spondylitis following colchicine therapy." Annual meeting of British Society of Rheumatology. Edinburgh, United Kingdom, April 2004.
- Jain, S., Mathur, DS., Saxena, GS., Ravindran, V., Gupta. A, Bhatt, G. Bhandari, S., "Secular trends in etiology of nosocomial infections and antibiotic resistance in postoperative neurosurgery patients in large referral center." Annual meeting of Association of Physicians of India. New Delhi, India, January 2001.
- New England Journal of Medicine
- Annals of Internal Medicine
- Journal of Indian Society of Rheumatology
Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) University of Rajasthan/Sawai Man Singh Medical College (Jaipur, India),
University of Rajasthan’s Sawai Man Singh Medical College, Jaipur, Rajasthan, India
Temple University’s St. Luke’s University Hospital, Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
- Fellowship in Immunotherapy: Northwestern University in Chicago, Illinois
- Fellowship in Hematology/Oncology: Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC
- Medical Oncology
- Internal Medicine
- American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) member: 2012-Present
- American Society of Hematology member: 2012-Present
- Fellow of Royal College of Physicians, UK