Coon Rapids Clinic
11850 Blackfoot Street NW, Suite 100
Coon Rapids, Minnesota 55433
Physician Introductory Video
Philosophy of Care
Medicine is an ever changing science and oncology has always been such an exciting field—however, my favorite part is the journey with my patient. I also have interests in alternative medicine and am very open to and respectful of patient beliefs.
Areas of Special Interest
- Gastrointestinal malignancies
- Breast malignancies
- Prostate and renal cell carcinoma
- Benign and malignant hematology
- Lung malignancies
Academic Honors & Professional Achievement
- Poster presentations 2006, 2007, 2008 at the American College of Physicians meetings
- Poster presentation and oral presentations at Digestive Diseases National conference, 2007
- Several first author and co-authored publications published in the Mayo Clinic Proceedings, Journal of Gastrointestinal Cancer, and the American Journal of Hematology
- Development of an infective endocarditis monograph in Epocrates
- 19-year-old man with chest pain, fever, and vomiting. Schultz JC, Lassi NK et al. Mayo Clin Proc. 2007
- Lassi NK, Locke GR III, Camilleri M, Schleck C, Zinsmeister AR, Talley NJ. Is there an association between Helicobacter pylori and obesity? DDW 2007 Gastroenterology 2007;132(4‐Suppl 2):A‐163
- 62-year-old man with weight loss and abdominal pain. Lassi NK, et al. Mayo Clin Proc. 2007.
- Cumulative morbidity and late mortality in long-term survivors of exocrine pancreas cancer.
Jacobs NL, et al. J Gastrointest Cancer. 2009.
- 52-year-old woman with intractable nausea and vomiting.
Smith JH, Jacobs NL et al. Mayo Clin Proc. 2010.
- Host immunity affects survival in myelodysplastic syndromes: Independent prognostic value of the absolute lymphocyte count.
Jacobs NL, et al. Am J Hematol. 2010
- Lassi NJ, et al. Cancer anorexia/weight loss syndrome: clinical science. Cancer Symptom Science. Cleeland et al. 2010
- Sweetser S, Jacobs NJ et al. Dis Esophagus. 2014.Endoscopic diagnosis and treatment of esophageal verrucous squamous cell cancer.
- Regorafenib dose optimization study (ReDOS): Randomized phase II trial to evaluate dosing strategies for regorafenib in refractory metastatic colorectal cancer (mCRC)—An ACCRU Network study.Tanios S. Bekaii-Saab, Fang-Shu Ou, Daniel M. Anderson, Daniel H. Ahn, Patrick McKay Boland, Kristen Keon Ciombor, Nisha Lassi Jacobs, Rodwige J. Desnoyers, James M. Cleary, Jeffrey P. Meyers, E. Gabriela Chiorean, Katrina Pedersen, Afsaneh Barzi, Jeffrey Sloan, Jeannine S. McCune, Mario E. Lacouture, Heinz Josef Lenz, Axel Grothey
I am an animal lover, and enjoy spending time with our pets! I love to travel, cook, eat and exercise. I have two wonderful little girls that keep me busy and happy outside of work.
University of Missouri, Kansas City
Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN
Oncology and Hematology, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis
- Medical Oncology & Hematology
- American College of Physicians
- American Society of Hematology
- American Society of Medical Oncology
- Minnesota Society of Clinical Oncology