910 E. 26th Street, Suite 200
Minneapolis, Minnesota 55404
Philosophy of Care
As the daughter of a physician father and nurse mother, I was called to a career in medicine at a young age. Studying both chemistry and religion in college, I came to appreciate the essential balance between the intellectual and the emotional, the scientific and the spiritual. Caring for patients with cancer allows me to put all of these elements into practice daily.
As an oncologist, I continuously strive to seek new knowledge, to reexamine ideas of the past and to implement what I have learned. Above all, the health and wellbeing of my patients is my first concern.
Areas of Special Interest
- Breast cancer
- Clinical research
- Hereditary breast and ovarian cancer syndromes
- Hematologic malignancies (leukemia, lymphoma, stem cell transplant)
Academic Honors & Professional Achievements
- Martha Bacon Stimson Chair, Medical Oncology Research
- Virginia Piper Cancer Institute, 2012
- Methodist Hospital Ethics Committee, 2006-2012
- Medical Director Cancer Genetics, Park Nicollet, 2007-2012
- Medical Director of Oncology Research, Park Nicollet, 2010-2012
- Top Doctors for Women, Minnesota Monthly Magazine, 2011
Dr. Tsai has served as principal investigator on numerous oncology clinical trials and sub-investigator on many more. She has co-authored several studies presented at ASH and ASCO meetings. She has also collaborated on a number of academic papers and book chapters.
My time outside of work is devoted to my husband and two children. We love travel, music and sports – swimming, soccer, hockey, and baseball. In my free time, I love to read, cook, hike, bike, swim and run (and occasionally even win) half-marathons and marathons.
BA Chemistry/Religion, Duke University, Durham, NC
Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA
Internal Medicine and Pediatrics, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN
Medical Oncology, Hematology and Transplant, University of Minnesota
- Medical Oncology
- American Society of Hematology
- American Society of Clinical Oncology
- Minnesota Society of Clinical Oncology
- National Cancer Institute
- Metro-MN CCOP