Matthew J Graczyk MD
- General Surgery
- Thoracic Surgery
- Society of Thoracic Surgeons
- American College of Surgeons
- Minnesota Medical Association
- West Metro Medical Society
Areas of Special Interest
All aspects of general thoracic surgery, including diagnostic and therapeutic procedures for benign and malignant disease of the lungs, pleura, mediastinum, chest wall, diaphragm, esophagus and stomach.
- Video-assisted Thoroscopic (VATS) lobectomy and other minimally invasive lung resection techniques
- Thoroscopic (VATS) techniques for pleural and mediastinal diseases
- Laparoscopic treatment of hiatal and paraesophageal hernias
Philosophy of Care
My goal is to empower each patient to make educated and well-informed decisions about their care. We are committed to helping our patients through every step of the process surrounding their surgery.
University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN
- General Surgery Residency, Hennepin County Medical Center, Minneapolis, MN
- Thoracic Surgery Residency, Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, IL
Academic Honors & Professional Achievements
- Teaching Award, Hennepin County Medical Center Department of Surgery, 2008
- Research Award for Best Clinical Research Project, Minnesota Surgical Society, 2008
- Jean Mata Scholarship Recipient, 1999 and 2000
Dr. Graczyk has published in various academic journals such as the American Journal of Transplantation and Modern Pathology. He is also co-investigator and co-director on several clinical research trials concerning pancreatic and renal cell transplantation and lymphoma.
I enjoy spending time with my wife Katie and our three children. I appreciate the outdoors and love to play hockey and golf.