Areas of Special Interest
- All aspects of general thoracic surgery, including diagnostic and therapeutic procedures for benign and malignant disease of the lungs, pleura, mediastinum, chest wall, diaphragm, esophagus and stomach.
- Video-assisted Thoroscopic (VATS) lobectomy and other minimally invasive lung resection techniques
- Thoroscopic (VATS) techniques for pleural and mediastinal diseases
- Laparoscopic treatment of hiatal and paraesophageal hernias
Surgery of the chest is my life’s work. My team and I are dedicated to providing our patients with the most compassionate, state-of-the-art care possible.
Awards & Professional Achievements
- Howard Gray Travel Award, Department of Surgery, Mayo Clinic, 1989
- O.T. Clagett Travel Award, Division of Thoracic Surgery & CV Surgery, Mayo Clinic, 1991
Research and Publications
- Dr. Jacques has published research papers in medical journals such as Annals of Thoracic Surgery, Chest Surgery Clinics of North America, and the European Journal of Cardio-Thoracic Surgery.
- He is also co-author in several books on thoracic surgery.
I am the proud father of four lovely daughters. I am passionate about hockey and also enjoy cycling.
Dr Jacques performs surgery at the following hospitals:
- Fairview Southdale, Edina
- United Hospital, Saint Paul
Universite Laval, Quebec, Canada
- General Surgery, Mayo Graduate School of Medicine
- Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery; Mayo Graduate School of Medicine
- General Surgery, Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons of Canada
- General Thoracic Surgery, Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons of Canada
- American Board of Surgery
- Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons of Canada
- General Thoracic Surgery Club
- Priestly Society (Alumni Department of Surgery, Mayo Clinic)