Avina K. Singh MD
Medical Oncology & Hematology
- Internal Medicine
- Medical Oncology
- American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO)
- American Society of Hematology (ASH)
Areas of Special Interest
- Breast Cancer
- High-risk Breast Disease
- Colon Cancer
Philosophy of Care
I feel privileged every day of my life to work with patients at a very challenging and emotional time of their lives. My goal as their physician is to provide them with accurate information and state-of-the-art care, and help them through their journey with cancer. I strive to provide hope, encouragement, and holistic care to both my patients and their families. I am a strong believer in the power of the human spirit and positive thinking.
To help my patients on this journey, I am assisted by my extremely dedicated staff at Minnesota Oncology, Burnsville – where every patient is family!
Grant Medical College and Sir JJ Group of Hospitals, Mumbai, India
University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Shadyside, Pittsburgh, PA
University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, PA
Academic Honors & Professional Achievements
- Dr. Singh has received recognition for a number of professional and leadership contributions. She earned distinction during her medical training in Pharmacology, Forensic Medicine and Toxicology.
- Intern of the Year during her Internal Medicine internship at the University of Pittsburgh.
- Dr. Singh served as a member of the Protocol Review Committee for Clinical Research and the Medical Education Committee during her residency and fellowship at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center. She has also lead several community outreach programs organized by the American Cancer Society.
- Top Doctor for Women, Minnesota Monthly, 2009
- Special Recognition from peers and staff, Fairview Ridges Hospital, 2009
Dr. Singh has authored several papers reflecting her participation in clinical research projects, and has had several articles accepted for publication in professional journals.
I enjoy hiking, running and traveling when time permits.