Areas of Interest
- Thoracic Oncology
- Lung Cancer
- Gastroesophageal cancers
- Hepatobiliary cancers
- Colorectal cancers
Philosophy of care
Cure sometimes, treat often, comfort always.
I believe that:
- A patient should understand the goals of their treatment and feel they are partners in their care
- Treatment should not be worse than the disease
- We must provide the best available therapies today but continually strive to discover even better treatments for tomorrow
Academic Honors & Professional Achievements
- Clinical Instructor, University of Minnesota Medical School
- Named Top Doctor by Mpls. St. Paul Magazine in 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013
- Named Top Doctor by Minnesota Monthly Magazine in 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017
Dr. Larson has co-authored research papers for ASCO and has published in the American Journal of Clinical Oncology and Clinical Colorectal Cancer.
Dr. Larson and his family have lived in Minneapolis since completing his medical training in his native California in 1995. He and his wife have raised their four children, the youngest of whom is now starting college. Dr. Larson spends a considerable part of his professional time dedicated to clinical research.
Bachelor’s Degree, University of California, Santa Cruz, CA
University of California, San Francisco, CA
Post Doctoral Fellowship, University of California, Davis Medical Center
- Medical Oncology
American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO)