A diagnosis of cancer can affect many areas of your life, causing you to feel overwhelmed. You have a helping hand at Minnesota Oncology to help you access various non-medical services throughout your treatment journey.
Our social workers are here for you and your family.
The following is a list of some of the social services that our team can help you with:
- Transportation resources to clinic appointments
- American Cancer Society services
- Time and location of support groups
- Upcoming community events and programs
- Referrals to homemaking and home care services
- Referrals for non-medical financial assistance during treatment
- Social Security Disability (SSD)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Meals on Wheels
- Assisted Living and Nursing Home Placement
- Hospice Care
- Provide educational materials and brochures
- Healthcare directives
- Wig/hair loss information and resources
- Help with communication and coping issues
Lisa Thelemann, LSW (East Metro area)
Jennifer Entgelmeier, MSW, LGSW (West Metro area)
Please don’t hesitate to call. We will help you find the answers you need.