Areas of Special Interest
- Breast Cancer
- Prostate Cancer
Life is about something, though it’s possibly about something different for each of us.
Academic Honors & Professional Achievements
- MS, Clinical Research, University of Minnesota School of Public Health
- Top Doctor, Mpls.St.Paul Magazine, 2006-present
- Top Doctor for Women, Minnesota Monthly, 2007-present
- North Memorial Medical Center, Harold Ecker Award, 2005
- North Memorial Medical Center Physician Collaboration Award, 2003
- Metro MN CCOP, Top Investigator Award for Highest Study Accrual, 2003, 2004, 2009
- Bloom, SH. In Defense of Futile Gestures. Journal of Clinical Oncology 2008;26(19):3276-8
- Bloom, SH. Caring in Five Minutes. Community Oncology 2008:4(12):572-573
My wife Carolyn and I have three children, Molly, Mickey and Delia. In my spare time, I like to play piano, write songs, and think about food.