Dr Flynn has been part of the physician staff at Minnesota Oncology since 1985 and serves a Director of Research for the practice.
Areas of Special Interest
- Autologous Peripheral Blood Stem Cell Transplantation
- Hematology, including bleeding & clotting disorders
- Research on Colorectal Cancer
I bring the best care to my patients by active participation in clinical trials research.
Academic Honors & Professional Achievements
- Director of Research, Minnesota Oncology
- Medical Director, Autologous Bone Marrow & Stem Cell Transplant, Abbott Northwestern Hospital, 1989-Present
- Principle Investigator, NCI Grant Funded Metro Minnesota CCOP 1985-Present
- Principle Investigator, National Cancer Institute (NCI)
- Dr Flynn has also co-authored many research studies published in professional journals such as Journal of Clinical Oncology, Cancer, Journal of Thoracic Oncology and Journal of Palliative Medicine.
I like to relax by stopping hockey pucks – I’m an ice hockey goalie.
Vikings football and Wild hockey have long claimed me as a fan.
Golf is another sport I enjoy – I just wish I was a better shot maker.
As a proud Irishman, I always celebrate St Patrick’s Day with a vacation.
University of Minnesota Medical School, Minneapolis, MN
Hennepin County Medical Center, Minneapolis, MN
Medical Oncology & Hematology, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN
- Board Certified in Medical Oncology
- Board Certified in Hematology
- Board Certified in Internal Medicine
- Abbott Northwestern Cancer Committee
- American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO)
- American Society of Hematology (ASH)
- American Cancer Society, Minnesota
- Community Clinical Oncology Program (CCOP)
- Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group
- Hennepin County Medical Society
- Minnesota Medical Association
- Minnesota Society of Clinical Oncology
- North Central Cancer Treatment Group